Užívateľov profilový obrázok
wisc
Dátum registrácie: 25 Máj 2016, 09:57
Vek:: 10
Poďakoval: 3 krát

Hello to you all

Príspevok od užívateľa wisc » 25 Máj 2016, 10:12

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are moving permanently to Trencin, Slovakia at the end of July. I hope you do not mind me joining your Volvo forum?
I own a 2008 S60 D5. I do not speak any Slovak yet, but we will learn. We have heard that Slovak is a very difficult language, so perhaps in 10 years we will be fluent?? :o

I hope I have posted my first post in the correct section?

thanks, Nick (aka 'wisc')

Ahoj všetci,

Moja žena a ja sa pohybujú permanentne do Trenčína , Slovensko na konci júla . Dúfam , že vám nevadí , že spájanie svoj ​​Volvo fórum ?
I vlastné 2008 S60 D5 . Nemám zatiaľ nehovorí slovenský , ale budeme učiť . Počuli sme , že slovenské je veľmi náročná jazyk , takže možno za 10 rokov budeme mať dobrú znalosť ?? : o

Dúfam , že som vyslaný môj prvý príspevok do správnej časti ?

Vďaka , Nick ( aka " wisc " )

wisc

Re: Hello to you all

Príspevok od užívateľa wisc » 25 Máj 2016, 11:27

ah ha......no right hand drive cars allowed in Slovakia......
We saw a rhd on Czech plates and 'assumed' we would not have a problem. :?
http://www.slovak-republic.org/car/import/

ah ha ...... žiadne pravostranné riadenie auta povolené na slovenskom ......
Videli sme RhD na českej taniere a " predpokladal , " by sme nemali mať problém .

st_Andy
Globálny moderátor
Globálny moderátor
Dátum registrácie: 11 Apr 2009, 21:27
Vek:: 5
Poďakoval: 71 krát
Bolo mu poďakované: 209 krát
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevok od užívateľa st_Andy » 25 Máj 2016, 11:59

Hi Nick and welcome to volvoklub! {pivo}

We welcome every volvo owner without difference, as we have here some volvo guys who temporarily moved to UK or foreign slovaks who live abroad too.

In Slovakia you have to just learn some basic phrases to survive..

May I have a beer please = Pivo Prosim
Another beer = Este jedno pivo
Cheers = Nazdravie
Bill please = Platim
You have nice legs = Mas pekne nohy
Hallo = Cau
Goodbye = Cau

And if you will pass through the word "Zmrzlina" (Ice cream) in future, you can absolutely consider your self as the real Slovak native speaker :)

So enjoy your stay and please join us on any our local or annual Volvo meetings, and last but not least, please don't forget to show us your Volvo! ;)

{usmevisko} {palechore}

wisc

Príspevok od užívateľa wisc » 25 Máj 2016, 12:22

Hi st_Andy,

thank you for the warm welcome :)

also you make me laugh with the 'must learn phrases'.....but I thought Slovak men do not have the sense of humour. Our daughter Kate has a Slovak fiance and that is what she told me....hehe.... ;)
Our daughter speaks very good Slovak....so she has been told, but we know it will be difficult for us as we are older and she has lived in Trencin for 2-3 years now.

I tried the 'ice cream' word and yes it is VERY difficult. :o but I prefer beer to ice ream, so I think I will survive.

Also I have an MTE remap on my car, pushing out 225bhp and 480NM. I have also bought one of these:
http://www.icarsoft.com/web/icarsoftus/ ... oy5_1.html

so if anyone needs to make use of it when we move over please let me know. It will clear a lot of major DTC's and give live data streams of engine data. :)

So I have about 1 year then to buy a lhd 4wd volvo then........ ;) The plan was to give this car to our son in the UK next year anyway.

thanks, Nick

Hi st_Andy,

ďakujem za vrelé prijatie :)

Tiež ste ma rozosmiať s 'fráz sa musí naučiť "..... ale myslím, že slovenskí muži nemajú zmysel pre humor. Naša dcéra Kate má slovenský snúbenca, a to je to, čo mi povedala .... hehe ....;)
Naša dcéra hovorí veľmi dobre slovenských .... takže jej bolo povedané, ale vieme, že to bude ťažké pre nás, pretože my sme starší a žila v Trenčíne po dobu 2-3 rokov.

Snažil som sa "zmrzlinu" slovo a áno, je to veľmi ťažké. : O ale radšej pivo do ľadu stohu, takže myslím, že prežije.

Tiež mám MTE premapovať na aute, tlačí von 225bhp a 480 nm. Tiež som si kúpil jeden z nich:
http://www.icarsoft.com/web/icarsoftus/ ... oy5_1.html

takže ak niekto potrebuje, aby využili, keď sme sa presunúť cez dajte mi prosím vedieť. To bude jasné veľa major DTC je a dať živé dátové toky dát motora. :)

Takže mám asi jeden rok a potom si kúpiť LHD 4wd Volvo potom ........;) V pláne bolo dať tento voz do nášho syna vo Veľkej Británii v budúcom roku tak ako tak.

Vďaka, Nick

mrmoon
Nováčik
Nováčik
Dátum registrácie: 29 Apr 2013, 16:51
Vek:: 44
Poďakoval: 4 krát
Bolo mu poďakované: 5 krát

Príspevok od užívateľa mrmoon » 25 Máj 2016, 12:35

wisc napísal:ah ha......no right hand drive cars allowed in Slovakia......
We saw a rhd on Czech plates and 'assumed' we would not have a problem. :?

ah ha ...... žiadne pravostranné riadenie auta povolené na slovenskom ......
Videli sme RhD na českej taniere a " predpokladal , " by sme nemali mať problém .
Hi wisc, welcome to Slovakia,

regarding RHD cars, that link about import is (I assume) meant, that if I'd buy a used RHD car in the UK, it wouldn't pass the technical check necessary for getting numberplates. Why not stay on UK plates?

I know (a bit) someone, who is driving an RHD car on irish numberplates (he's Irish) here in Bratislava without any problems for a couple of years. I've asked him once about it, the answer was - no problems, he just drove from Dublin to here, the EU is still functional :) Driving is another story, you can, it's not very comfortable and a matter of getting used to it. It might be good to change the geometry of the headlights, if this is not possible, there are special stickers available, so you don't dazzle the others.

Good luck.
XC90 D5 AWD MY11, 210hp, Polestar, automat
XC60 2.4D AWD MY10, 163hp, manual
Saab 9-3 Aero Convertible, 2007, 275hp, Hirsch, manual

ex: V40 T4, S60 T5, XC70 D5, XC60 D5, E30 325ix...

wisc

Príspevok od užívateľa wisc » 25 Máj 2016, 15:18

mrmoon napísal: Hi wisc, welcome to Slovakia,

regarding RHD cars, that link about import is (I assume) meant, that if I'd buy a used RHD car in the UK, it wouldn't pass the technical check necessary for getting numberplates. Why not stay on UK plates?
yes exactly mrmoon......and yes after your reply below about someone you know on UK plates, I think this is a good idea for a year or so..... {usmevisko}

mrmoon napísal: I know (a bit) someone, who is driving an RHD car on irish numberplates (he's Irish) here in Bratislava without any problems for a couple of years. I've asked him once about it, the answer was - no problems, he just drove from Dublin to here, the EU is still functional :) Driving is another story, you can, it's not very comfortable and a matter of getting used to it. It might be good to change the geometry of the headlights, if this is not possible, there are special stickers available, so you don't dazzle the others.

Good luck.
I have the bi-xenon's which I think can be adjusted for driving on the opposite side of the road? I will look into this properly very soon. We did live in France before for 1 year and we used those stick-on ones for the headlights so as not to dazzle anyone.
Thanks for the advice and welcome. {palechore}

oh I see you used to have a Hirsch modified 9-3 saab......very nice....
Naposledy upravil/-a wisc v 25 Máj 2016, 16:23, upravené celkom 1 krát.

stpaddy
Pán Inžinier
Pán Inžinier
Dátum registrácie: 25 Okt 2014, 23:30
Vek:: 50
Poďakoval: 45 krát
Bolo mu poďakované: 78 krát

Príspevok od užívateľa stpaddy » 25 Máj 2016, 16:13

Hi wisc.....like st_Any wrote here already so I am one of guys who are living in UK...I think I am the one from Scotland ....but every sumer time I'm traveling to Slovakia see my family and friends and Volvo friends plus this summer trip will be for me very important as I will attend summer Slovakia Volvo meeting - 1-3 July 2016. I have XC90 2006 with bixenon and headlights are fully adjusted for LHD and RHD enough just press button for it about 5 seconds...so welcome to live to Slovakia and good luck with people's and your car...never let you go down!!!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
Paddy
actual:Volvo V70R Laser Blue AWD 195kW 265hp auto AW5
ex:Volvo XC90 D5 136kW automat
ex:VolvoC70 T5 manual 169kW
ex:VolvoS80 D5 120kW automat
ex:Volvo S70 2.4 automat

wisc

Príspevok od užívateľa wisc » 25 Máj 2016, 16:22

stpaddy napísal:Hi wisc.....like st_Any wrote here already so I am one of guys who are living in UK...I think I am the one from Scotland ....but every sumer time I'm traveling to Slovakia see my family and friends and Volvo friends plus this summer trip will be for me very important as I will attend summer Slovakia Volvo meeting - 1-3 July 2016. I have XC90 2006 with bixenon and headlights are fully adjusted for LHD and RHD enough just press button for it about 5 seconds...so welcome to live to Slovakia and good luck with people's and your car...never let you go down!!!

Hi and thanks......

Scotland :o ......haha......winter 24/7 then......rain & cold winds followed by more rain and more cold winds..... :mrgreen:

your English/Scottish accent will be hilarious then?? :D

ps - I spelt xenon's incorrectly....& in my native language...oops....(I have changed it now before any of you spotted it....although I am sure you did spot it)....

stpaddy
Pán Inžinier
Pán Inžinier

Príspevok od užívateľa stpaddy » 25 Máj 2016, 16:39

Yeah....its big true..!!! Scottish weather is terrible but I'm here 10 years already so it's not too big problem for me...every 10 minute's different :-) :-) but life is life! And my accent? Really I do not know as I never learned English before when I came to Scotland...I did know say just Coca-Cola and yes and not...now I'm much better and still learning something new...Scottish English is so different and strange and some words totally different like exactly words... and slang? I do not understand still because each area of land has own slang...other Glasgow other Edinburgh other Falkirk and Aberdeen and especially Highlands....but I believe you that you will know Slovak language very soon...:-) :-)

Paddy

wisc

Príspevok od užívateľa wisc » 26 Máj 2016, 09:38

stpaddy napísal:Hi wisc.....like st_Any wrote here already so I am one of guys who are living in UK...I think I am the one from Scotland ....but every sumer time I'm traveling to Slovakia see my family and friends and Volvo friends plus this summer trip will be for me very important as I will attend summer Slovakia Volvo meeting - 1-3 July 2016. I have XC90 2006 with bixenon and headlights are fully adjusted for LHD and RHD enough just press button for it about 5 seconds...so welcome to live to Slovakia and good luck with people's and your car...never let you go down!!!

That worked perfectly stpaddy, thanks {palechore}

I read this morning that the newer models you have to make this change every time you stop/start the car :o :o at least our models stay in the mode you choose (you get a warning on the dash every time you start the car I notice, telling you what mode the lights are in, which is a good idea)
cheers, Nick

Ktorá pracovala perfektne stpaddy , vďaka {palechore}

Čítal som dnes ráno , že novšie modely budete musieť vykonať túto zmenu zakaždým, keď sa Stop / Start auto : o : o aspoň naše modely zostať v režime zvolíte ( dostanete upozornenie na palubnej doske pri každom spustení auto všimol som si , tí , čo režime sú svetlá , v ktorom je dobrý nápad )

cheers, Nick

stpaddy
Pán Inžinier
Pán Inžinier

Príspevok od užívateľa stpaddy » 26 Máj 2016, 18:08

It's possibly Nick...I have not idea about this information...but other guys will know something I think....:-) :-)

Paddy

wisc

Príspevok od užívateľa wisc » 26 Máj 2016, 20:45

st_Andy napísal:

{usmevisko} {palechore}
I think this guy from Moldova has had enough homemade stuff??
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8ce_1464270551

wisc

Príspevok od užívateľa wisc » 26 Máj 2016, 20:49

stpaddy napísal:It's possibly Nick...I have not idea about this information...but other guys will know something I think....:-) :-)

I got the information from this thread (post 15 with problems for newer cars)
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthrea ... 342&page=2

Looks like the 2010 & newer cars do not have the button to press and have to do it through dash software and it resets EVERY time you start the car......nightmare :o

You probably already know about this site? It is VERY good for Volvo info {palechore}

stpaddy
Pán Inžinier
Pán Inžinier

Príspevok od užívateľa stpaddy » 26 Máj 2016, 21:02

wisc napísal:
stpaddy napísal:It's possibly Nick...I have not idea about this information...but other guys will know something I think....:-) :-)

I got the information from this thread (post 15 with problems for newer cars)
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthrea ... 342&page=2

Looks like the 2010 & newer cars do not have the button to press and have to do it through dash software and it resets EVERY time you start the car......nightmare :o

You probably already know about this site? It is VERY good for Volvo info {palechore}
Yes I know about this web page.....Im not sure but I think that Im still registered on site but .... {zmyslajuci}
good for info about Volvo.... {palechore}
Paddy

Aprox
Nováčik
Nováčik
Dátum registrácie: 08 Nov 2014, 10:59
Vek:: 32
Bolo mu poďakované: 3 krát

Príspevok od užívateľa Aprox » 27 Máj 2016, 07:44

st_Andy napísal:Hi Nick and welcome to volvoklub! {pivo}

We welcome every volvo owner without difference, as we have here some volvo guys who temporarily moved to UK or foreign slovaks who live abroad too.

Cheers = Nazdravie
Bill please = Platim
You have nice legs = Mas pekne nohy
Hallo = Cau
Goodbye = Cau

And if you will pass through the word "Zmrzlina" (Ice cream) in future, you can absolutely consider your self as the real Slovak native speaker :)

So enjoy your stay and please join us on any our local or annual Volvo meetings, and last but not least, please don't forget to show us your Volvo! ;)

{usmevisko} {palechore}
Hi Nick,

Another phrase important for survival in Slovakia: Slivovicu no longer {anjel} .

Have a nice stay in Trenčín.
ex: Volvo S60 2.4i, 125 kW B5244S, M 56, 3/2004.

wisc

Príspevok od užívateľa wisc » 27 Máj 2016, 11:09

Aprox napísal:
Hi Nick,

Another phrase important for survival in Slovakia: Slivovicu no longer {anjel} .

Have a nice stay in Trenčín.
I have just asked our daughter who speaks very good Slovak (or so she is told) and she said it's alchohol made from plums. I have tried some of this about 2 years ago from one of her Slovak friends who makes his own stuff. It was delicious and very strong. :mrgreen:

wisc

Príspevok od užívateľa wisc » 03 Jún 2016, 18:11

Hi all,
We have a change of plan. We are going to buy a lhd car in Slovakia now.

This beautiful S60 is now for sale for £3k.

I will place an advert in the 'For Sale' section. I know it's a 'long shot', but if any of you know any Slav's that would like to buy it please let me know.
cheers, Nick

mrmoon
Nováčik
Nováčik
Dátum registrácie: 29 Apr 2013, 16:51
Vek:: 44
Poďakoval: 4 krát
Bolo mu poďakované: 5 krát

Príspevok od užívateľa mrmoon » 05 Jún 2016, 00:26

Hi wisc, so you've made a decision.

If you buy a used car here, please be very careful, do not trust the miles (kilometer) count until you've checked the car's history thoroughly through a trusted source. Here are many cars with cheated kilometers as well as technical condition standing in the shops. Careful please, it wouldn't be nice to see you with burned fingers at the first day you come here.
oh I see you used to have a Hirsch modified 9-3 saab......very nice....
Thanks. I still have it and love it.
XC90 D5 AWD MY11, 210hp, Polestar, automat
XC60 2.4D AWD MY10, 163hp, manual
Saab 9-3 Aero Convertible, 2007, 275hp, Hirsch, manual

ex: V40 T4, S60 T5, XC70 D5, XC60 D5, E30 325ix...

wisc

Príspevok od užívateľa wisc » 05 Jún 2016, 22:23

[quote="mrmoon"]Hi wisc, so you've made a decision.

If you buy a used car here, please be very careful, do not trust the miles (kilometer) count until you've checked the car's history thoroughly through a trusted source. Here are many cars with cheated kilometers as well as technical condition standing in the shops. Careful please, it wouldn't be nice to see you with burned fingers at the first day you come here.

[quote]

Yes we found this to be true when our daughter Kate & her fiancé Lukas were looking for a car 2 years ago. They viewed a lot of VW's and Skoda's and most of them had 'modified' mileage.......Germany/Austria/Czech rep and Slovakia......nearly all of them had 'bad' mileage...... They have a friend who could check the mileage through the main dealer.

We ended up buying them a very nice 2008 VW Golf combi 1.4 with low(ish) mileage from a guy who worked at a main dealer VW garage in Trencin. They have had not one problem with that car.

stpaddy
Pán Inžinier
Pán Inžinier

Príspevok od užívateľa stpaddy » 05 Jún 2016, 22:27

Why not stay with Volvo....???